Verse

Generations after generation stands in awe of your work; each one tells stories of your mighty acts. Psalms 145:4

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Beautiful Exchange

We had the privilege to attend a Hillsong concert this past weekend.  They are a christian group from Australia who glorify the name of Jesus.  The name of their tour and new album is The Beautiful Exchange,  As they sang the following song, the presence of the Lord filled the auditorium.  Afterwards, an Australian pastor came out and read a scripture in the bible Mark 8:27-29 where Jesus asks the disciples "Who do people say that I am?"  They answered him with several responses.  Then he asked "who do you say I am?"   Simon Peter answered "You are the Christ."  This had never been told to him.  It was only reveled by the Holy Spirit.  This same questions was asked that night and scores of people responded.


,  


Back when my children were young I used coupons a lot.  You could save a substantial savings on your grocery bill because the grocers were giving double and sometimes triple the amount of the coupon. Baskets sprang up in the hair salons, daycares and restaurants where you could exchange coupons for others that you used more often.  There were times when I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found one valued at the highest redemption value.  I would quickly toss my so-so ones in and grab this one up and hold onto it tightly.  Jesus is the very best kind of coupon.  When we discover Him, we will toss everyone of our so-so ways of living to exchange it for true LIFE.  If Jesus were to ask you today, "Who am I?  Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you just as he did for Simon Peter all those many, many years ago and the ones who found in the other night at the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment