Verse

Generations after generation stands in awe of your work; each one tells stories of your mighty acts. Psalms 145:4

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Scrambled Eggs

Have you ever cracked an egg into a frying pan and when left to cook, it turns into a really nice looking sunny side up egg?  The yoke would stand out like a bull's eye surrounded by a smooth white surface.  Isn't this how we would like our life plan to be?  Many of us have had times in our life when this seems to be the case.  We are feeling like we know the plans and purpose for our life.  Easy street!

But sometimes, I have cracked that egg into the pan and it breaks, so I scramble it around and the finished product comes out looking like a lot of peaks and valleys.  When a crisis hits,  our lives become a lot like scrambled eggs.  We have all had times in our life when we can't see where we are headed or how we are going to survive.

I once heard a quote, "YOU CAN'T CRAM FOR A CRISIS".  So how are we to we get by?  How do we survive?  Sometimes the circumstances are so overwhelming that we don't know how we are going to continue.  We were given a textbook that will speak to anything we are going through.  Read it, study it, and meditate upon it.  It will lead us to a relationship with Jesus and it is through Him, we have promise after promise of how to do life.

This is a song that I learned when I was little,


 


but many of you may relate to this a little more.



When we are at our lowest point, God will offer truth, strength and encouragement for all who put their trust in Him.  Let me give you a few examples....




MAN/WOMAN: "It's impossible"
GOD: All things are possible (Luke18:27)

MAN/WOMAN: "I'm too tired"
GOD: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)


MAN/WOMAN : "Nobody really loves me"
GOD: I love you (John 2: 16 & John 13:34)


MAN/WOMAN: "I can't go on"
GOD: My Grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)


MAN/WOMAN: "I can't figure things out"
GOD: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3: 5-6)


MAN/WOMAN: "I can't do it"
GOD: You can do all things (Phillipians 4:13)


MAN/WOMAN : "I'm not able"
GOD: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)


MAN/WOMAN: "It's not worth it"
GOD: It will be worth it (Romans 8:28)


MAN/WOMAN : "I can't forgive myself"
GOD: I forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)


MAN/WOMAN: "I can't manage"
GOD: I will supply all your needs (Phillipians 4:19)


MAN/WOMAN: "I'm afraid"
GOD: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)


MAN/WOMAN: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
GOD: Cast all your cares on me (I Peter 5:7)


MAN/WOMAN: "I don't have enough faith"
GOD: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)


MAN/WOMAN: "I'm not smart enough"
GOD: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)


MAN/WOMAN: "I feel all alone"
God: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)


No comments:

Post a Comment